***** LATEST NEWS UPDATES ***** ÚLTIMA ACTUALIZACIÓN DE NOTICIAS ***** BERITA TERKINI ***** DERNIERES NOUVELLES MISES À JOUR **I'LL BE BACK ONLINE SOON, STAY TUNE******************************************************************************************************************************************************************** ..

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Return of Paulo Coelho

A note from Paulo Coelho Facebook, the new book has been release as "O ALEPH" but this time in Portugues only, sooner or later it will be English version of O ALEPH. So far 'imho' no one can surface "11 Minutes" the tale of Maria, a naive young woman from Brazil. I've read more than 5 times and I still enjoy the book. It's a masterpiece from famous author of Paulo Coelho.
paulo coelho
At first I was much crazy about Nicholas Sparks, his first book 'Notebook' caught my attention then I'm being his follower with 'Message In Bottle' til Dear John. Then I pause... I need new air to breath. Later jump to Jostein Gaarder, I've read two books of him, Sophie's World and The Orange Girl. Sophie's World was good is a Novel about the History of Philosophy once you read this book it remind you about History subject in school. Think I had enough... this time I choose Paulo Coelho. I read his first book "By The River Piedra I sat Down And Wept" I read this book during my journey by train from Butterworth (Malaysia) to Bangkok (Thailand) once I reach Bangkok I grab more book cause much more cheap than Malaysia price. I continue with Warrior Of The Light, The Fifth Mountain, The Valkyries and The Alchemist. The Alchemist was originally written in Portuguese and has since been translated into 56 languages, winning the Guinness World Record for most translated book by a living author. It has sold more than 65 million copies in more than 150 countries, becoming one of the best-selling books in history. I continue my journey to northern Thailand to the oldest city of Chiang Mai with "11 Minutes". The other authors I read:

Truman Capote - In Cold Blood.
Nick Hornby - About A Boy
Alan Hollinghurst - The Folding Star
Norman Vincet Peale - Reach Your Potential
and manys more...

I shall add Orhan Pamuk on my list, in his native Turkey, Orhan Pamuk, the 2006 winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature, as a moderately talented writer and an opportunist who, with his comments on Turkey's conflict with Armenia, has made a name for himself at the expense of his own people. This explains the mixed reactions in Turkey to Pamuk winning the Nobel Prize.

No comments: